There are many things to consider when participating in a craft show. Below are just a few of these. Following these considerations will make the most of the show and provide a pleasant atmosphere for all.
- Fire regulations are very specific including not blocking doorways. This in itself could result in the show being closed down if not adhered to. Do not cover up fire extinguishers
- Have only products with you that have been juried. Categories often have a maximum number of vendors allowed to allow for a varied shopping experience.
- Be conscious of the space you are taking for your display. A large display must not infringe on the space of those around you. On the flip side, use your space to its fullest. A three dimensional table display is more appealing than products flat on a table
- Have plenty of merchandise to last you through the two days!
- Business cards on hand will help you to continue your business long after the show has finished.
- Stay open for the duration of the show. Packing up early sends a message to the customers that they should stop shopping.
- Be sure to have your permit from your local Health Department on hand should you be selling food items.